FLOOD ALERT – 8th February 2016
A Flood Alert has been issued by the Environment Agency for the River Coln and its tributaries.
Flooding is possible for the River Coln and its tributaries from Whittington to the confluence with The River Thames for the River Coln overnight..
Low lying land and roads will be affected first.
Be prepared to protect yourself, family, pets and property.
The river and flooding forecast is as follows:
Heavy rain has been forecast this evening and overnight. If we receive the rainfall, river levels are already high and are likely to rise resulting in flooding low lying areas and roads tonight and tomorrow. No property flooding is currently expected.
– Prepare a flood kit including a torch, batteries, mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food and any prescription medicines you may need.
– Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
– Farmers should consider moving livestock and equipment away from areas likely to flood.
– Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions. Visit the Environment Agency website www.gov.uk/environment-agency for river level and flooding information.
– Call Floodline on 0345 988 1188 using quickdial 171495 for up-to-date flooding information.
West Thames Flood Warning Duty Officer
Red Kite House,
Howbery Park, Wallingford,
Oxon. OX10 8BD
Floodline 0345 988 1188